TESS expert manual XRCT 4.0 X-ray Computed Tomography and Digital Imaging in Medicine, Material Sciences and Physics, (in Englisch)
Artikel-Nr.: 01205-02 | Typ: Literatur & Medien
Comprehensive collection of reference experiments concerning the fundamental principles and use of X-rays and computed tomography in physics, medicine, and material science with the XR 4.0 X-ray unit platform and the XRCT 4.0 Computertomogrphy upgtrade set as a pool of ideas concerning the potential areas of application in demonstration and laboratory experiments. A clear matrix simplifies the orientation in terms of scientific fields and topics.
- Fundamental principles
The detailed and target-group-specific experiment descriptions and instructions cover the following topics, among others: reconstruction of 3D images from two-dimensional images, effects of filters, cause of artefacts, and limits of the method.
In order to prepare students of medicine optimally for their professional practice, standard samples with different core themes are offered. E.g. use of the Hounsfield scale, diagnostics with the aid of computed tomography is supported.
- Materials science/engineering
Computed tomography is widely used in engineering and materials science applications, in particular in the field of non-destructive testing (NDT).
- Experiment descriptions with clearly structured learning objectives, fundamental principles, photo of the set-up, equipment list, tasks, illustrated instructions concerning the set-up and procedure, theory and evaluation with example results plus important notes concerning the operation and safety of the equipment. This simplifies the orientation and execution as well as the selection of the experiment parts for personalised laboratory experiments. The information provided is so comprehensive that no other background information is required.
- For every experiment, the software package "XRCT 4.0 measure CT" includes presettings for the easy and direct execution of the experiment at the push of a button as well as numerous example measurements.
- Experiment matrix for quick orientation
- DIN A4 format, spiral-bound, colour print, 130 pages